Pakistan had halted the convoys on Thursday after officials blamed cross-border Nato helicopter fire for the deaths of three Pakistani soldiers.
“Trucks carrying fuel and other goods for Nato are still not allowed to enter Afghanistan,” an administrative official at Torkham, the main border crossing in Pakistan’s Khyber district, told AFP by telephone.
A security official in the northwestern city of Peshawar also confirmed that convoys were suspended for second day and that they had not received fresh orders to restore supply for Nato.
Nato said aircraft had entered Pakistani airspace Thursday in self-defence and killed “several armed individuals” after the crews believed they had been fired at from the ground.
It was the fourth such strike this week by Nato helicopters pursuing militants into Pakistani territory in actions that have been condemned by the government.
Khyber is on the main Nato supply route through Pakistan into Afghanistan, where more than 152,000 US and Nato forces are fighting an intensifying Taliban insurgency.
The Pakistani government said it was investigating Thursday’s incident in the Kurram district of the northwestern tribal belt, which Washington has branded an Al-Qaeda headquarters and hub of militants fighting in Afghanistan. —AFP