Mehndi is very popular fashion in our young generation, in every era. Besides of other fashions, mehndi is also very common, among girls .This is also the Sunnah.Even The Holy Prophet’s daughter Bibi Fatima Zahra (S.A) used to apply Mehndi on nails of hands and feet, in this way it has a religious impact also.The designs of mehndi were so simple in old age but now there are many elegant, beautiful and attractive designs that are traditionally used for many occasions and feasts specially on Eids, weddings, milad, hair dying, and tattoo making etc.
- It has natural cooling properties.
- People of the desert have been using henna to cool down their bodies.
- It can be applied on hands, feet and hairs too.
- When applies on hairs, it results too much smooth and silky.
- It also helps protect hair from sun damage.
Mehndi experts have introduced very exclusive and artistic designs and patterns which are applied by ladies, girls and women in festivals and occasions. Specially on the night before Eid (chandraat) all beauty salons have special extended portions for application of mehndi. One of the most popular of the traditions is the mehndi night where the bride, her family, relatives and friends get together to celebrate the wedding. Brides prefer to apply the mehndi at the mehndi night so that they can enjoy the festivities and also have a deeper stain by the wedding day.
Tips to Darken Mehndi:
1. Apply juice of lemon mixed with sugar on your hands when your mehndi dries.
2. Once the mehndi starts to fall off, apply vicks on your hands.
3. You can also Apply Oil on your mehndi, when it dries.