Pakistan, Hyderabad News : Fire destroyed a large quantity of chicken feed and parts of a factory in Site area on Sunday.
The fire was extinguished after several hours’ efforts by fire fighters who came from adjoining districts as well to take part in the operation.
The cause of fire, according to SHO Site area Jiandal Shah, was a short circuit.
The owner of factory, A-One Feed, initially put monetary losses at around Rs10 million while speaking to reporters at the site.
However, he was not able to comment as to how the fire had actually erupted.
“It started at 1pm and continued till 5pm. Apparently it has been brought under control but not completely extinguished,’ said factory owner Tariq Ahmed.
Fire tenders from Matiari, Jamshoro, Qasimabad, Latifabad and city were called to extinguish the fire.
In addition to it, private water tankers were used to help refill the tenders.
Fire fighters faced great difficulties in refilling the fight tenders as they had to shunt between Fatima Jinnah water reservoir.