Pakistan, Lahore News – Additional Attorney General Abdul Hai Gilani said Saturday no contempt notice had been issued to President Asif Ali Zardari in the dual office case.
Speaking to media representatives, he said some private television channels had aired tickers that a contempt notice had been issued to the president.
The AAG clarified the Lahore High Court had nothing to do with the information relayed on television channels.
He said the contempt petition was at its preliminary stage and it had not yet been decided whether it was maintainable or not.
“The full bench has so far not decided whether any proceedings could be initiated,” he added.
The additional attorney general added that in the court’s February 15 order had no mention of a contempt notice and the next hearing of the petition was to be held on March 8.