Home » Breaking News, Pakistan News » SC summons Quetta blast report

SC summons Quetta blast report

SC summons Quetta blast report

Pakistan, Islamabad News – The Supreme Court of Pakistan has directed Secretary Defence to provide the report pertaining to the Quetta tragedy today (Tuesday).

A three-member bench of the apex court headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry is hearing the Hazara killings suo moto case.

During proceedings, Chief Justice Chaudhry asked Secretary Defence that being the head of a secret agency if he was aware of the situation in Balochistan. The Secretary Defence sought time till Wednesday to submit his answer to which the Chief Justice replied that he (Secretary Defence) should be aware of the situation in the province at all times.

After a recess when hearing of the case resumed, Home Secretary Balochistan informed the Supreme Court that seven people, accused of being involved in the Kirani road bombing, had been arrested, while a targeted operation was underway.

When proceedings began on Monday, Chief Justice Chaudhry said the court would not order the deployment of the army in Quetta.

Balochistan Advocate General and Deputy Attorney General also appeared before the court.

Chief Justice said that it was a great tragedy, which has paralysed the country and inquired if this was the performance of the government? He said Article 9 of the constitution was not being followed and the government remained unmoved and inactive.

CJ recalled that such an incident had also occurred a month ago and inquired from Balochistan AG how many accused were arrested? Balochistan AG replied that four suspects were killed in a search operation on Tuesday.

Advocate Tariq Asad making a plea for the enforcement of Article 245 of the constitution said, “If we continue to save the democracy, then lives would not be saved.”

CJ said we would protect the fundamental rights of the people. Justice Azmat Saeed observed that the provincial government was sleeping.

Deputy Attorney General replied that the federal government has removed the provincial government. CJ in his remarks inquired whether removing the government solves the problem?

The Deputy Attorney General further informed the court that Lashkar-e-Jhangvi had accepted the responsibility of the incident. The Chief Justice expressing his annoyance, directed the Deputy Attorney General to arrest those behind the attack, stating that by now a cleanup operation should have been conducted.

CJ expressing his annoyance ordered the Deputy AG to go and catch hold of them and added by this time the cleanup operation should have been done.

Like this story?

More News on EPakistanNews.com

Pakistan News update 24 hours, latest breaking news updates in Pakistan, Pak news, Pakistan Urdu columns, latest news pakistan, political news updates, E Pakistan Newspaper, Karachi News, Karachi Updates, Lahore news, Islamabad news, Multan news and more breaking news, E Pakistan News brings Latest Pakistan News, headline news, pk politics, News online, sports, politics news from Pakistan.

Home - Disclaimer - Follow us on Twitter - Like us on Facebook

Copyright © 2010-2015, E Pakistan News, All rights are reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission are strongly prohibited.
if you need any further assistance please contact us via email epn@epakistannews.com