Pakistan News / Lahore Updates > Death toll raised to 13 in Lahore after drinking the poisonous cough syrup TINO on Monday, E Pakistan News reported.
Local Police station Chief said that the deaths occurred in the low-income Shahdra Town neighbourhood between Friday and Sunday with the victims mostly drug addicts who took the syrup to get high.
The scandal comes after around 100 heart patients died in January in Lahore, after taking faulty medicine made locally.
“Some of the victims were found dead in a graveyard where addicts used to take different kind of drugs,” he said. Six others died in hospital.
Three pharmacies have been shut down and their owners arrested.
Sources told that the “Six people died and six survived and were discharged after treatment. Eight others affected by cough syrup are getting treatment at the hospital. Two of the victims were in critical condition,”