PAKISTAN NEWS QUETTA: The government of Balochistan restricted on Thursday the movement of Nawabzada Shahzain Bugti to Quetta for 90 days.
The action was taken on the eve of a long march to Dera Bugti slated to begin on Friday.
“The ban has been imposed under Section 5 of the Maintenance of Public Order,” Home Secretary Akbar Hussain Durrani told Dawn.
He said the ban would be effective immediately and an official notification had been issued.
Mr Bugti, however, said the long march to Dera Bugti would not be put off despite the ban on his movement and he would lead the march after Friday prayers.
At a press conference, he called upon the government to withdraw its order because the long march would be peaceful.
“There is no justification of imposing a ban on my movement.”
He said that he was going home along with internally displaced Bugti tribe families who were facing hardships for the past five years and the government did nothing for their safe return.
He said that no one should worry about his return to Dera Bugti because he wanted to go home back with his people.
He warned that security forces and people threatening him to stop entering Sui and Dera Bugti should not create any hurdle to peaceful long march; otherwise, they would be responsible for consequences.
“We do not need any permission from any one for going to own home,” Mr Bugti said.
He said the government should not use such tactics and allow peaceful long march.
He said that around 150,000 Bugti IDPs would reach Kashmore from different parts of Sindh, Balochistan and Punjab and join long march to their homes in Dera Bugti and Sui.
He said that his grandmother would also reach Sui from Karachi in a chartered plane and join the long march.